Saturday, November 6, 2010

Red Grooms

I remember seeing an exhibit by the artist Red Grooms at the Denver Art Museum many years ago.  It was a fun art show.  I suspect excitement is a quality quite common to the exhibits of this artist.  Red Grooms provides a complete experience in his exhibitions.  I felt like I was involved in the process of creating the art as I toured the exhibit.  His work reminds me of the immediacy of a funky, alternative exhibit except the quality of work is more professional and cohesive.
Grooms is a pop artist and he studied under the artist, Hans Hoffman.  He studied at the Art Institute of Chicago.

This is one of Red Grooms' sculptures.  This artist creates powerfully dynamic and original artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Pandemic and craziness in the world! Everyone has something to say about the strange year of 2020. Like most people, it's been a crazy ...