Thursday, May 24, 2012

Drawing and the master Degas

Is drawing a lost art? 
It's not that there aren't great artists out there working on drawing.  It's just that drawing seems not flashy enough for the current time.  What I see is less heart felt than methodical.
Searching because I'm trying again to get back into drawing, setting daily drawing goals for myself. 

Here's an internet snag of a fabulous pastel artist who also did incredible charcoal drawings.  Degas! 
If this doesn't make an artist draw, nothing will.  Unless...it makes us give up in frustration.

What I see when I do an image search online is artists with skill but no heart working out there in google land.  It's better to have skill than not have skill but without heart it ain't art.

And finally, Degas -on his deathbed...
Damn, and just when I was starting to get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment